Thursday, April 21, 2011

Beauty Solutions: Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

I don't know about you, but my end-of-summer agenda includes logging as many days in the sun as possible... even if that means rigging up some sort of outdoor office situation. And now I've discovered another way to multi-task and save money! In an attempt to achieve beachy, straight-from-the salon highlights, I mixed together a half cup of lemon juice with three tablespoons of vodka and sprayed it liberally throughout my hair. The end result: subtle blond highlights that will keep me out of the salon chair for at least another two months! The sticky mixture tends to dry your hair into a stringy mess, so I would not advise trying this in front of anyone worthy of a great impression. But it's a perfect for an afternoon with your friends on the beach, in the backyard, on the roof....the possibilities are endless!

But a word to the wise: make sure to wash your hands and arms really well before heading out into the sun. Any lingering lemon juice can bleach your skin, leaving unwanted white spots on your skin. And of course, don't forget that suncreen! See our: "Choosing The Right Sunscreen" post. Now get out there and enjoy the last dog days of summer!


"Fashion Foremost Is Inspiration"

Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website