Monday, March 30, 2009

Opi's South Beach Collection Review:


Take a lesson from Crayola’s book and go back to the drawing board!



Anyone who knows me is familiar with my appreciation of colors. When asked what's my favorite color, my response is usually "All of them!" There are just too many to choose from and I don't want to leave out one. As a child I placed Barbie aside and collected Crayola Crayons and paint..... Sometimes mixing together the paint and nail polish. They allowed me to express my self and creativity. Now that I look back, I was a cosmetologist in training but didn't know it. As I look at this season's nail lacquer collection, I can't help but to reminisce on my childhood memories.

I viewed Opi’s highly anticipated 2009 South Beach collection and have to say that I am very disappointed. This collection lacked bright hues gloss. Even the “Brightest of Bright” is outwardly dull. These shades are said to “Capture the color, the fashion, and the trend-setting excitement from the world’s most stylish celeb playground” but it does not. I don’t get the South Beach impression when I look at these colors. When I think of South Beach the colors that I envision are Sunset Orange, Laser Lemon, Salmon, Inch Worm, Caribbean Green, Pacific Blue, Pink Flamingo, Scarlet, and Radical Red (to name a few). It disappoints me when companies spend more money on marketing and advertising than the actual quality of the product.

Opi should take a lesson from Crayola’s book and go back to the drawing board.

Would I recommend buying from this collection: No, instead opt for Sephora by Opi. Same name, older colors and better varieties, but it’ll have to do for now ... here are 3 of my go for it! picks
I'm Wired Charge It! (24k gold)

Arm Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website