Monday, April 12, 2010

Cool out by the poolside with Poolside!


Summertime is quickly approaching. Warm weather, hot sun, and sitting by the poolside. China Glaze has put together a complete set of all the colors you'll need for the warm weather. The Poolside collection is packed with hot neon, bright, in-your-face colors that will make you want to throw on your bathing suit with the first brush stroke.


When you think of boys, you think of blue. When you think of hot towel boys, what other color should you think of but " Towel Boy Toy." This an amazing neon blue polish that is glazed (no pun intended) with a hint of sparkle. The first coat will go on thin but will quickly remind you of perfect, crisp Florida waters. It wasn't until the bold second coat that I realized this color had a dry matte finish, but had a hint of sparkle. You won't see that through the bottle, but it is definitely there. I typically like for my colors to have a shine when it dries (even though I always apply a top clear coat), but this blue is so bright, the matte look complimented it really well.



I
'm not sure if anyone makes cold kiwi flavored drinks but after applying "Kiwi Cool" I sure wish I had one! This color is like no other green I have seen before. It is not for the faint at heart. So when you try this color make sure you have attitude and a confident strut. The color applies the same way this color will make you feel...bold. The first coat glided on and left no open streaks. This is a serious green that lives up to how it looks in the bottle and means business. Business by the poolside of course.




Have you heard about the woman who wore an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini? Well, did you check out her nails? She was wearing "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" nail polish! Who knew they made such a color. Now that China Glaze has made it I am satisfied. Yellow is a fun, energetic nail color. Many might steer away from trying such a polish, but don't be. It's the essential summer nail color, and every girl should try it at least once. The first and surprisingly the second coat went on thin and was quite see through. I needed to apply three coats to get full and solid coverage. Nonetheless, the end result was satisfying and had me ready to take a dip in the pool!



What would the summer be without the sun? Everyday we want the sun to shine brighter than yesterday. The sun will be sure to shine bright this summer because it has met it's match with "Sun Worshiper". "Sun Worshiper" is a tangy orange color that was so much fun to wear. I couldn't go anywhere without people wanting to take a peek at my nails. Orange has always been my favorite color, even as a child, but I was unsure of how it would look on my nails. Now that I have tried it, I will be wearing this color again, and again. The first coat went on thick and didn't even need a second coat. Once the polish dried, it was matte, so a shiny top coat will be needed. This polish, along with the other colors, is full of nail hardeners. So while you make a bold statement with your nails, you're providing love and strength to them at the same time.



"Flip Flop Fantasy" can be worn on more than just your toes. It is a great color for nails that says it's summer time and I'm ready. At first I was unsure of this color. Mainly because I wasn't sure what basic color it went with. This color is perfect from those who are unlike anyone else. This color fits into no one category. It's a little bit of orange and pink mixed together with a hint of coral. This is a color you will not find any where else. It is that much of an individual...like yourself! This color is so unique, it's true color doesn't even show through in a picture. In person this color is neon and bright. Two coats is needed to get full coverage. Once you're done, you will be happy you gave this color a try.



I am such a girlie girl! When I opened "Pool Party," I squealed like I was splashed with pool water . I loved the electric neon hot pink that was packed in this bottle. I knew I would be pleased with this color and once applied, it lived up to its potential. Though this color looks hot pink, it dries as a pink/peach color. The final application of this color was thick and amazing. "Pool Party" makes a statement to your femininity and to the summer time.



China Glaze colors are known for being long lasting and this collections lives up that. The colors are bold and will have you ready for any summer event you have coming your way!


Sally Beauty 234x60



"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"
SheSingsLovely

13 comments:

  1. love these polishes, great colors, lots of shimmer, and they last forever. i have received so many complimants on yellow polka dot bikini and that rarely happens with nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a pretty good job capturing this. I just can’t pull of neons, but I still would like to take a closer look on Towel Boy Toy and Kiwi Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this collection. I think is has some colors that are definitely unique. I will probably end up getting the whole entire collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are Gorgeous!

    Sun Worshipper looks interesting, and I don’t have anything like it. Funny, but I used to hate neons. Then, I think, 2 years ago, I tried wearing one, and changed my tune. You really can’t stop looking at your nails when you wear neon, and other people also can’t help but notice you from a mile away. Very fun at any time of the year. I actually like wearing them in the winter to cheer myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all! But I’m a big fan of neon. I’ll most likely pick them all up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all! But I’m a big fan of neon. I’ll most likely pick them all up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dammit, i just ordered the Up and Away polishes i want! Now i’m eyeing that orange polish already! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo fun these neon colors really say poolside to me…I love it! really needed something bright and unbelievably live for the summer! Neons look better on Black women anyway... the darker your skin and brighter the color the better itll look on ya. I think I might pick up the green and maybe the blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bright girl myself. When others are shying away from such colors - I'm usually the one who'll try them. Usually, I have to buy my own polishes because the salons don't offer the type of brights that I'm looking for. Many people think that all neon colors are the same but I can promise you that you won't find colors exactly like these! China Glaze is great for creating distinct and pretty polishes that are not that expensive too!

    @Anythang Butt Broke I'd suggest that you buy from this collection and wear get the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. deez colorz remnd me of skittlez but instead dey melt on ya nailz and not ya mouth lol im 8)'n pool party

    ReplyDelete
  11. U kno i had to slide thru 1nce i saw the nailz. dez colorz r swaggalystic

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe that these colours look this radiant. I'm picking up this collection today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Start Your Own Website