She's Daring, Influencial, Vigorous, and Assertive, but you can Call Her DIVA. Tonight Philly Diva's special Guest is Jerome Lamaar. Jerome is the Head Designer and CEO of Compleated Inc, and Former head designer of Baby Phat by Kimora Lee Simmons. He'll be Showcasing his new collection and dishing on our main topic, Women and Body Image.
1. Lady Gaga & Beyonce’s Telephone Video: Last night was the world premier of Lady Gaga and Beyonce’s Telephone Video on Youtube. The cyber world stopped to watch all 9 mins and 31 secs of Gaga’s "prison for bitches” stint. If you haven’t seen it yet here’s a quick rundown: the video was a bit on the X-rated side as Gaga wore revealing getups, including a scene where she wore a yellow crime scene tape. Although Beyonce was her partner in crime, Bey chose to opt out of Gaga’s H.L.A. (Hot Lesbian Action) – leaving it to the pro… Sasha may be fierce but she aint crazy! Sexy actor/ singer Tyrese made a guest appearance.
2. Speaking of Prison: Rapper Lil Wayne is now serving time in Riker’s Island. He’s not allowed to sign autographs but that doesn’t mean all of his superstar privileges have been revoked: According to People.com, “Inmate Carter is in a category of housing that we call ‘general population/escort.” In other words; Wayne will be protected by a prison bodyguard at all times to avoid fights.
3. Since were on the topic of fights: There’s a feud between Howard Stern vs. Gabby & Co. On Monday, Gabourey Sidibe was the next one up on Howard’s diss list. This came out of no where. Here’s what Howard said: "There's the most enormous, fat black chick I've ever seen. She is enormous. Everyone's pretending she's a part of show business and she's never going to be in another movie," he said. "She should have gotten the Best Actress award because she's never going to have another shot. What movie is she gonna be in?"
Gabby’s mother rushed to her child’s defense on Inside Edition and had a few words for Stern: “Get a life. Can see, you can see, I can see Gabby is a big girl. She’s a big woman, so what’s wrong with that? She’s not like everyone else in the world. … I don’t see him giving jobs out to anybody, so why should we care what he says? He might not hire her, but someone else will.”
4. Celebrity Breakups: Last night, singer/ reality star Monica announced that she and the father of her two boys – Rocko are indeed OVER via tweeter. There have been speculations of Rocko cheating on Monica and from her tweet-verbage it seems as though Rocko was a rolling stone. Here’s what Monica tweeted:
“Thank u everyone for all the love your sending. @Rocko4Realis a great father and we will continue to love and parent our children. The Rest is a private matter between @Rocko4Real and I. He is a good person. We all make mistakes. Even separated we will always be family.I say thank u again to u all. And as I live and learn I grow. Don’t feel sorry for me just pray for me. Gods got it. Have a great day. What do you think?!?
Rapper Slim Thug took to Twitter this week to get something off his chest as well. Someone asked what really happened between him and longtime girlfriend Letoya Luckett and he responded “I cheated and had a baby with another chick it all went down from there.”
5. Celebrity Baby News: Monica She-smashed-the-homey a.k.a. “Danger” Leon is expecting. The VH1 star was recently spotted in L.A. Danger’s got a new do, new man and is 2 months pregnant. We’re not sure if her new man is the BD (Baby’s Daddy) but his name is Gismo.
6. In disturbing news: 48-year-old Rose Mankis was fatally killed by a northbound No. 6 train in NYC yesterday after jumping in to the train tracks to retrieve her bag that she dropped. According to NYPost.com, a witness stated "She tried to go under the platform because the train was bearing down on her. Then she tried to climb onto the platform, but she couldn't do that. Then she just froze." The irony of this tragic incident is the bag was in great condition when they recovered it.