To wrap up Paris Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2010, Guido, Redken Creative Consultant ended with a bang of ponytails at the Louis Vuitton and Miu Miu shows in Paris. See below for the must-have products and inspiration!
Guido created the perfect classic ponytail with curls at the ends and a piece of hair wrapped around the elastic. “We wanted to create a retro ponytail to complement the 1950s feel of the clothes.” -Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
• Redken Style Connection velvet gelatine 07 cushioning blow dry gel
• Redken Glass 01 Smoothing Serum
Create the look:
1. Apply velvet gelatine 07 cushioning blow dry gel to damp hair with a round brush
2. Pin hair into rolls and let cool.
3. Pull hair into a smooth ponytail right (no part) below the occipital bone and secure with an elastic
4. Wrap a piece of hair around the elastic and secure underneath the ponytail with bobby pins to conceal the elastic.
5. Around the hairline, apply glass 01 smoothing serum and make sure all baby hairs are down for a smooth, sleek look.
The look at Miu Miu was a sleek, straight mid-back length ponytail. Each model had either black, platinum or red extension wrapped around the ponytail to off-set the natural hair color. “The colorful extensions added a futuristic feel, a very ‘Manga Doll’ look.” –Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
• Redken hardwear 16 super strong gel
• Redken Iron Silk 07 Ultra Straightening Spray
• Redken forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Create the look:
1. Comb all hair back and pull into a ponytail right above the occipital bone, secure with an elastic.
2. Apply hardwear 16 super strong gel to ensure the sides of the head are slick with no fly-aways 3. Wrap a hair extension around the ponytail (either a red, black or platinum extension)
4. Apply iron silk 07 ultra straightening spray to the ponytail and flat iron so it’s completely straight
5. Wrap a small piece of a hair around the elastic to cover
6. Finish with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray for hold
"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"