I tried out a variety of colors by Duri, a Brooklyn-based company that produces nail polishes in bold, new colors. The colors ranged from light pink to lavender to deep red, so there’s a hue to suit any taste. I was very impressed with the smooth, rich formula. Two coats of each color was all it took to get a perfect, even finish. Getting uniform, even coverage that rivals a salon manicure is an elusive goal for me, but I found it refreshingly easy with these polishes. Check out these six great colors!
‘Silver Spoon’ is a light pink that looks as rich as its name implies. Two coats gave me a great sheer look while three gave me an opaque pink. I really like the versatility of the color and the subtle pink looks great with any outfit!
For a lavender look that is so reminiscent of spring, try ‘Penny Saved Penny Earned.’ What I love the most about this color is that it dries to an almost matte finish. The hue adds a sweet, pretty touch that won’t overpower any look.
‘Dress to Impress’ is a darker purple that has a lot more intensity than its lavender counterpart. These two purple shades are an interesting alternative to the usual deep, dark purples and reds that line most salon shelves. The finish is not too shiny but goes on true to color in just two coats.
I absolutely love the images that ‘Rags to Riches’ evokes as soon as you apply it. The dark, romantic color is the perfect departure from purple to brown and I bet even Charles Dickens would have loved this color!
When I applied ‘Party Like a Rock Star’ I was shocked by the bright red color that came out of the bottle—in a good way! Of all the other colors, this formula went on the smoothest and did not leave a single blemish or bubble on my nails. Seriously, picture your favorite vampire villain and this blood-red polish will not disappoint!
‘Social Ladder’ is very similar to ‘Party Like a Rock Star’ in color, but it had an added shimmer that made the finish slightly iridescent. This red was shiny without being too glitzy and would look perfect for the holiday season.
Duri Cosmetics often give their polishes catchy names, and even naming them after movies. If you had the chance of creating a nail polish for Duri Cosmetics, what movie would it be named after and why? Also, describe the color. Would the polish have a matte, gloss, or suede finish? We'd like to know, get creative and describe your polish.
Fashionwithfifi.com is giving away a set of 6 Duri Nail Polishes in Trophy Wife, Slum Dog Millionaire, Money Don't Make Me, Formula For Success, and Luxury Time and Million Dollar Baby to 1 lucky Fashion Circle follower. Valued at $30!
1) To enter you must first be a member of the free to join "Fashion Circle" and be subscribed to Fashionwithfifi.com. Click Here: If you aren't already a free subscriber. Email subscriptions must be confirmed.
2. Next, leave a comment in this post telling us what movie would your polish be named after and why? Describe the color. Fashionwithfifi.com wants to know.
3) Shipping is Free to all U.S. subscribers. Foreign subscribers will have to pay for shipping.
4) Contest runs from now - Monday, November 2, 2009, through Monday, November 9, 2009 11:59 PM est. Winner will be announced on here on Fashionwithfifi.com on Tuesday, November, 10, 2009.
5) You must be 18 years or older to enter. Under 18 will need a parent's consent.
6) Shipping to P.O. Box is fine.
7) Winner will be chosen at random from the comments left on this post by subscribers and Fashion Circle members. Enter today and bon chance!
"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"