Monday, June 22, 2009

MAC’s Brave New Bronze Lipstick Review

I went to MAC to check out their collection called “Style Warriors” that you’ve probably heard about by now. I went there to buy one, and only one lipstick. That one was the one with leopard print on the inner shell (Yes I’m a print freak, what can I do?). It really doesn't matter sometimes if I like the lipstick or not. I just have to have it for the packaging. And so I got "Brave New Bronze", a satin finish that MAC describes as a “Creamy mid-tone pink nude”. I’d definitely say it has some bronzy orange undertones to it, but it is one of the most perfect nude colors I’ve ever seen. Studio pictures just don't do it justice. I am positive that it’ll look good on just about any skin tone and I’m not even one for nude lips. Today I wore it paired with a glittery pink lipgloss and I can assure you it was one of the most flattering summer lipstick-lipgloss combos I have ever found. Because the finish is satin, it is an opaque lipstick with some shine to it but because the colour itself is so creamy, it can appear a little muddy if you happen to apply too much of it or apply it without a nice lip balm underneath. However, that is the case for most satin, matte and amplified cream finishes, so no big news here. It turns out that I’m practically in love with this shade so I’m really glad I got it. Expect to see me using it in tutorials to come. Let me know if you've checked out MAC’s Style Warriors collection? If so, what did you get? Do you like what you got?

"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"

Micky-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website