Friday, September 11, 2009

Beauty Solutions: Hissyfit- Complete Skin Care Solution


Protect. Renew. Perfect. That is the goal that Louise Dobson and Sue Smethurst set out to accomplish when they launched hissyfit, a new line of skin care products that are packed with powerful ingredients to protect your face and body from the damaging effects of sun and heat. The Australian duo knew how important it was to protect their skin and, after growing tired of sorting through a sub-par assortment of beauty and skin care products, decided to create their own products to give women the sensible sun protection they need without sacrificing luxury or beauty.


hissyfit offers four great skin care products that all boast three powerful benefits in one skin treatment. Combining anti-aging ingredients with advanced sun protection and sophisticated cosmetic formulas, hissyfit offers complete body coverage with foundation, lip balm, hand cream and body lotion. Each product has a uniquely delicious scent and even has added vitamins and botanical ingredients like vitamin e, aloe and jojoba oil.


I can definitely sympathize with Dobson and Smethurst’s dilemma. Although I did not grow up under the harsh Australian sun, my pale skin forces me to shrink under the nearest umbrella at the first sign of natural sunlight. My fears of skin cancer, premature aging, and wrinkles make me religiously apply sunscreen everywhere I go. But I have always found the smell of sunscreen to be utterly repugnant. Who wants to reek of SPF every time they set foot outside?



I got to test out the body lotion, hand cream and lip balm myself, and let me tell you, I could not even tell I was wearing any sunscreen! That is one of the reasons I love hissyfit’s products. The scent of each product beautifully masks the odor of the SPF. You would never even know you were wearing sunscreen!


Handy Work, the anti-aging hand cream, goes on smooth and absorbs quickly with just the lightest scent of orange mint. I love that the scent is not overpowering because when I am wearing my favorite perfume, the last thing I want is for my hand cream to overpower it. Since our hands are one of the first places that show signs of sun damage, it is important to protect them. Handy Work has SPF 30 plus antioxidants like vitamin e, so at $29 for a 1.8 oz. bottle, you can look forward to years and years of younger looking skin!!











Body Double, the anti-aging body moisturizer, has SPF 30 and the most beautifully unusual scent. Vanilla, almond, orange and grapefruit all combine to give this lotion a deep aroma with a hint of citrus. There is no sticky residue or icky sunscreen smell, just a quick absorbing, smooth formula that smells great! And it is also packed with ‘cehami’, a native Australian daisy that has anti-inflammatory properties and aids in cell renewal. At $45 for a 4.2 oz. bottle, it is a wise investment for those of us who value our skin and want to keep looking youthful for years to come.








And lastly, I tried Lip Service, the anti-aging lip balm with SPF 50 and ingredients like shea butter and jojoba oil that protect against the sun and help to hydrate and replenish lips. Sometimes our lips are the easiest thing to forget about when applying sunscreen, but the skin here is just as susceptible to sun damage as the rest of our body. hissyfit’s lip balm comes in five different shades: clear, plum, guava, toffee and berry. It goes on sheer and keeps your lips super glossy. It is $20 for .37 oz. and the benefits are definitely worth the price!




"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website