Thursday, September 10, 2009

Product Review: Hair Rules' Kinky Hair Kit

Hair Rules Kinky Curling Cream - WhiteHair Rules Curly Whip - White


The most important rule with natural hair is to avoid the dreaded Lauryl Sulfate, because one of the biggest problems we face as naturals is dry hair. I am on a quest to find hair products that will help with those problem areas. For the past few weeks I have sampled Hair Rules' Kinky Hair Kit; specifically the Daily Cleansing Cream moisture-rich no sud shampoo, Aloe Grapefruit Clarifying Shampoo, and Kinky Curling Cream.

At $45, the Kinky Hair Kit includes
2oz versions of daily cleansing cream moisturizing no suds shampoo and aloe grapefruit clarifying shampoo (as a twice-monthly alternative), quench ultra rich conditioner and two kinky curling cream to deliver ultimate hydration, conditioning and softening to the truest classifications of kinky hair. This kit is designed to stretch and define tresses, eliminate shrinkage and banish frizz.


A major attraction to Hair Rules is that practically anyone can use their products. They also use natural ingredients and not Sulfates or Parabens. I sampled the
Aloe Grapefruit Clarifying Shampoo first by wetting my hair then massaging it into my scalp - working my way through from roots to end. It cleansed my hair and scalp of buildup without stripping my scalp of natural oils and leaving it dry; which was a great benefit. It's recommended uses are:
Wavy Hair - everyday
Curly Hair - 1 to 3 times a month
Kinky Hair - once a month


Next, I tried the Daily Cleansing Cream, which performed exceptionally well on my hair. It worked like a conditioner would when cowashing the hair; meaning it cleansed the scalp without the lathering effect. The Cleansing Cream is best described as a moisturizer, conditioner and shampoo mix, that will make your hair extremely soft and bouncy. I'm really fond of this product!

Finally, I tried the Kinky Curling Cream to define my curls. This ultra-moisturizing curling cream is used to transform afros and kinks into beautiful, bouncy spiral curls. I didn't like the fact that the product had little slip to it.
It was hard to shingle through my hair and didn't add much shine once dried. This minor issue can easily be fixed with a little hair gloss. The product was not sticky at all, and dried pretty fast. Just like Hair Rules advertised; the way your hair appears when wet is exactly how it'll appear dry, was true. The shrinkage was minimal.


Overall, I really like
Hair Rules' Kinky Hair Kit and will continue to explore more of their products. You can find more products from Hair Rules at www.softsurroundings.com. To see how my hair looked after using these products refer to the video below. Hope this helps and stay natural!

Shop Skin Care at SoftSurroundings.com!


Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration,
-BlackOnyx77

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website