Friday, September 11, 2009

Reality Check: Project Runway, Season 6 Episode 4

I am breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. I am not joking, when I saw that Logan was in the bottom two next to Qristyl on last night’s episode of Project Runway, I started having heart palpitations. My palms were sweating and my pulse was quickening. It may be because he looked absolutely delicious or that he was wearing those fabulous silver pants on the runway, but I just could not bear to see him go!

His cocktail dress was definitely a bad combination of 80’s prom queen and punk rock. And the judges were right, he could have done so much more with the fabric and the style. But ultimately, he ignored his instinct and listened to his model. That was because this week’s challenge was to work with the models to create a look for an upcoming industry event.

Many of the designers struggled to satisfy their models’ wishes while still staying true to themselves. Shirin questioned her model’s request for a royal blue jumpsuit and in the end, decided not to compromise her own judgment and modified her look into a chic dress.

But Althea once again stunned the judges (and myself!) with her unique and interesting twist on the classic suit. It was a three-piece number that included a beautifully fitted jacket and a voluminous skirt that struck a perfect balance. All the judges agreed that they would walk out the door with her outfit and named her the challenge winner.

Unfortunately, Qristyl’s attempt at creating a simple, black style yielded a boring, safe dress that the judges said looked cheap. And Klum made the final observation that her dress made the model look fifteen years younger, which is devastating for any model to hear! During a moment of intense deliberation (I was watching through squinted eyes with bated breath) Klum gave Qristyl the boot and sent Logan back to the designers. And I have to say, I couldn’t be happier!

Stay tuned for next week’s dose of fashion drama….I know I will!

"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website