Thursday, May 21, 2009

When Bad Fashion Happens to Good People: Makeup Edition



Dorothy we're not in Kansas anymore; instead, we're at The Makeup Show NYC 2009. While on my way to the show I ran into these two as they were taking a smoke break outside: Drag Lady in red and Queen Neferti-ti. From a distance I thought I was at the wrong place: maybe there's a drag convention going on somewhere near -- I must be lost. However, they were apart of the makeup show. Ladies, I know how we usually complain about not having anything to wear, but that's no excuse to substitute clothing for makeup.
Drag Lady in red and Queen Neferti-ti were very friendly and carried on nonchalantly after posing for the cameras. It was evident that they were pros at this. They used Special Effects (air brushed) Makeup for this look. It's usually used for costumes, theatrical events and not for the everyday wear. However, the eye liner must be drawn - there are limitations to wearing makeup and this is certainly one of them (for those who're getting bright ideas)!






I've got to give it to them: its creative, but desperate times don't necessarily call for deep foundation and bright eye shadows. Also, she wasn't wearing a shirt or bra underneath -- just a bra adhesive to cover up. Cab drivers stopped to stare at her freely exposed tetas. Did I mention that the temperature was in the mid 60s. How crazy is that: can you imagine taking the F train uptown and sitting next to these two?!? I don't care how creative, awesome, or thrilling you may find this but Ladies do not try this at home because someone will get hurt; if not by harrassment - it'll most likely be by an old lady's bag.




"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"

- Suzanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website