Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fabulous Fashion Finds: Memorial Day Sale

Cheers Recessionistas!

I hope your Memorial Day Weekend was as fun and safe for you as it was for me. I did get a chance to snack down on succulent baby back ribs, world famous Nathan's Hot Dogs at Cooney Island, and take advantage of the holiday sales.

I made my first stop at Express where they were having a 40% off selected merchandise sale (which seemed more like 40% off everything, except for the newest items). The store was cluttered with shoppers wanting to take advantage of the holiday discount as well, but I was able to find great items in my size.

For partying purposes or to wear at a special event, I purchased this Satin Racerback Top at $15.99. in Pink Albert, this smooth satin and bugle-bead embellishments put a sexy spin on a classically casual top. It's front features a scoop, raunched neckline - the back highlights your shoulders with a chic racerback. The bottom portion of the top gets wider at the end for a looser fit.


(Front)

(Close Up)

Next I decided to grab this beautiful button-front short jumpsuit in Berry Blush. Originally priced at $39.50 - I bought it for $23.70. Ironically, I wasn't planning on getting this Grecian inspired jumpsuit. However, I'm glad that I didn't dismiss the idea entirely when I first saw it online because the stock picture did it no justice. Infact, this trendy (cotton) jumpsuit features a sexy V-neck button front, short sleeves, adjustable and removable belt at the waist. It's not as short as it appears online. Infact, it ran long and big, so I opted to get it in extra small.


(Front)

(Back)


You know I'm always up for denim deals and I was able to find this dressy demin shorts at $23.70. Unlike many denim shorts, this fits just right; without cutting off circulation to your butt or exposing too much of your assets. I plan on pairing this up with the beaded Satin Racerback Top.


(Front)

(Back)


I'm very excited about the purchase of my first pair of leggings -- denim at that. I know you're probably thinking "where have you been". Well, I can explain it all: I was never the type to wear leggings or tights because I'm self conscious about my butt. That all changed when I tried on this beautiful pair of leggings at Express. They hugged but butt just right and complimented my curvatures - no spillage or dints not to mention that they scrunched up at the bottom. I felt so sexy at $14.70 and couldn't wait to wear them.







And here's what I picked up at Forever21


This retro black and yellow tunic top is the first item I laid my eyes on when I entered the store. I wasn't so sure of how it would look (on me) so I decided to try it on. On my way to the fitting room, I received endless compliments on it which helped shape my decision to get it at $14.80. Although it's designed as a knit top, it runs long which means that you can wear it as a both a casual tunic or party dress incase you're unsure of what to wear it with. And to top it off, the back features a stylish racerback that's great to maneuver in for the summer.


(Front)

(Back)


Pink and white cotton racerback top for $11.80


(Front)

(Back)


Something blue for $6.50




$11.50. Need I say more?

(Front)


(Close Up)


Sold at $10.50

(Front)


(Close Up)

(Back)


And finally, a little something to feed my shoe fetish; I bought 2 pairs of chic thong sandals at $7.50 each. Designed with adjustable straps - they're great to wear this summer if you want easy on and off access and were priced under $10. Need I say more?




(White)


(Gold)


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take advantage of Old Navy's $1 flip flops but I did partake in others from places like Express, Forever21, and Victoria's Secret. Everything came up to $148.19 for 11 items (including 2 sandals) which rounded each piece to about $13.47. Was that a bargain or what?!



"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"

-Suzanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website