Thursday, August 13, 2009

Illamasqua Blush in Sin - Makeup Review & Application


As you all know I have been very excited about Illamasqua products and this week I finally got my eager little hands on some of them. Illamasqua is available at Sephora.com and was official released in the US on the 31st of July. Today I’ll review Illamasqua’s Blush in Sin.



I love my purple blushes, but I have to say they are not for the faint of heart. If you want to look sweet and innocent, there’s no way a purple blush will do. Having purple on your cheeks is certainly scary at first but the result can be really sexy if you don’t go too overboard with it. All of the possible shades of this particular color are superb for fall and winter but I personally prefer the warmer purples. Going back to basic color theory, purple is made by mixing red and blue. If a purple has more blue than red, it is said to be a cool purple; if it has more red than blue, then it’s a warm purple.



However, Sin by Illamasqua has a “problem”- it is extremely pigmented. Unless you want to go back to the 80’s, use the lightest hand, the sparsest brush and the sheerest application you can manage. If your skin is tan or dark, it’s best to repeat the application that going too heavy at first and risk looking like you got in a fight and got bruised. This blush is a matte pressed powder. I like shimmer but purple blush with shimmer would just be too risqué. Please watch my video above for proof of what I’m saying and for help when it comes to how to apply very pigmented blushes.




Overall, in pigmentation and colour, I rate this blush a perfect 10 out of 10 and that seldom happens. I couldn’t be happier with my new blush. Please watch out for my review on Illamasqua lips products and eyeshadows as they are coming up in the next couple of days.



"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"


Micky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Your Own Website