Thursday, August 6, 2009

OCC Lip Tars- Makeup Review & Contest


I confess, I gave in to the hype. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics’ Lip Tars are the new love of lots of YouTube gurus and women all over. Actually, they are one of my new loves too. Strange how I seem to be finding new loves every other day these days... However, I didn’t feel like I had all the facts about my new love until I bought it. I was quite pleasantly surprised to discover that my love was deeper than I would've imagined. I bought Grandma (true coral, in-your-face bright which I love and is perfect for tan skin) and Melange (yellowish-brown mid tone neutral with some orange to it). Please note that in the photos they look much more similar than they are on real life. The color is true to the packaging and they are very opaque.



like with most loves we have our ups and our downs. First of all, nobody told me about the Castor Oil smell. The unmistakable characteristic smell of Castor oil only lingers for a little bit but if you’re very sensitive to smells you’ll feel it right from the moment you open the tube.

Then, nobody told me how full the tube is. Squeeze it a little harder than you’re supposed to and it will ooze out forever and ever, making the hugest mess. Be sure to be gentle with the tubes and you’ll be OK.

Also, I wasn’t aware that the indication that you used too much was that they’d start bleeding out of your lips’ contour. To prevent this, use one of those transparent silicone based lip liners and you’ll be fine and won’t even have much to worry about. Honestly I was expecting a much glossier finish but the finish of the lip tars is just like a cream or satin lipstick.

The staying power on these lip glosses/lipsticks is amazing and I’m really impressed with the quality of this product. My feeling is that my summer signature look for this summer from now on will be the Grandma lip tar paired with really light eye makeup.
Over all I'd say this is a love affair that will burn hot and strong for a very long time. That's why I'm giving away three $12.50 tubes of the OCC to subscribers and members of the Fashion Circle. It's really easy to enter. First Join the "Fashion Circle" and subscribe to Fashionwithfifi. Then leave me a comment hear telling me about your favorite Eye, Lip or Face Product. That's it. The three colors I'll be giving away will be: Grandma (The Pink featured Above), Vintage (Maroon), and the NSFW (Red). The contest will run from today and will end on Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 11:59 PM. Winners will be asked to specify which colors they'd like to receive. Good luck!

"Fashion Is Foremost Inspiration"
Micky

5 comments:

  1. I have been seeing many makeup gurus rave about these lip tarts, I so want to try them out. NSFW from swatches I've seen looks hott for a summer makeup look. They also have this seriously hot pink one that I have been eyeing. Castor oil smell? I guess castor oil is great for moisten the lips. It seems with these a little goes a very long way. Great review :)

    My favorite eye product: Manly 120 palette- always grab it no matter what look as it has different colors for me to choose from. Love it!

    My favorite lip product: NYX Megashine lipgloss in Barbie Pink- its has a great taste & smell & the color payoff for the product is great being a low brand. However, doesn't have the long lasting staying power.

    My favorite face product: Revlon Colorstay foundation (combination/oily skin)- so far the best drugstore foundation that provides the best coverage I need when applied and doesn't transfer. Drys super quick when applied but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these lip tarts.

    My favorite lip product is mac dazzleglass

    My favoirte Eye product is any eyeshadow that shows up vibrant and pretty

    My favorite face product is aveeno foaming face wash because it keeps my skin beautiful under my makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hearing so many rave reviews on these lip tars! I want Grandma so badly! I have been so into corals and peaches and that is such a bright coral color, just perfect!

    Your review is very detailed! Makes me want these lip tars even more!

    My favorite eye product has got to be mascara...you can do without eyeshadow but mascara is a must for me! Your eyes just don't look the same without your lashes looking lush!

    My favorite lip product has got to be the creamsheen glasses from MAC or the NYX lipglosses because they are not very sticky. I like lip products that are not sticky but have beautiful color payoff.

    My favorite face product is the AVON Magix skin perfector. I love how airy it makes my skin feel whether I wear foundation over it or not.

    This is such a generous giveaway, you are really so kind! Thanks for giving us the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been hearing all about these liptars from jude rivera on youtube and i want to try! i've heard grandma is incredible.

    my favorite eye product is my lancome oscillation mascara. it really opens up my eyes and gives me more thickness and length than any other mascara ever has.

    my favorite lip product are MAC lipsticks - they're creamy and taste good, lol.

    my favorite face product is my MAC mineralize skin finish natural - it's the perfect setting powder or i wear it alone on days when i really don't need heavy coverage at all. holy grail!

    thanks so much for the oppportunity - i'm excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I subscribed! Love your blog. I have heard amazing things about OCC. I would *love* to try the NSFW or Grandma lip tars especially. Gorgeous colors and I love the way they look on you - which makes me excited to try them myself! :) Thank you!

    fav lip product: MAC pinkarat lipglass

    fav face product: not sure if this counts as a face product, but the Clarisonic skincare brush is awesome!! it's helping to save my skin, which was dry and flaky before. I'm definitely noticing good changes with use.

    face eye product: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in BlackBean, and MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. Both are must-haves.

    shevilkenevil1 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete

Start Your Own Website